All persons entering Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or Travel Document establishing the identity of the holder.
Exemptions to the requirement of an entry visa
Nationals of the following countries are exempted from obtaining
HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC AND SERVICE PASSPORTS:
Holders of diplomatic and service Passports are to submit their passport(s) with one Passport Photo, a printed visa application form and a note verbale for a visa.
ENTRY VISAS TO GHANA.
CITIZENS OF ECOWAS COUNTRIES
o Burkina Faso
o Cape Verde
o Côte d'Ivoire
o Guinea Bissau
o Sierra Leone
Nationals of KENYA, MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE, EGYPT AND HONG KONG Special Administrative Region.
Holders of Brazilian, Iranian, German and Cuban – Diplomatic/Service passport.
Persons in direct airside transit.
Gratis visas may be issued in respect of nationals of the following countries:
Entry visas may be issued in accordance with the visa regime to the following categories of persons without reference to Accra:
Members of Diplomatic and Foreign Consular Officers "de carriere" travelling to or through Ghana on official business.
Persons in transit in Ghana who wish to break their journey in Ghana for a period not exceeding 48 hours; provided they are n possession of visas and onward tickets to their destination beyond Ghana and are not stateless persons.
Whenever applications for visas are referred, a report of local security clearance and any other relevant information must be accompanied.
The following category of persons may not be granted entry visas:
A person without visible means of support
An undesirable person
An idiot or insane person
On the advice of the health authorities, an individual may be refused entry into Ghana
Important Immigration Notice
Prospective travellers must note that the possession of the appropriate document (s) does not confer a right of entry. Travellers may be refused entry into Ghana if they fall within the category of prohibited immigrants and if they do not satisfy immigration requirements at the point of entry. The Government of Ghana will not be financially liable for their repatriation.
Other relevant additional information prior to entry into Ghana
Immigrant Quota - Persons who enter Ghana ostensibly as visitors may not be permitted to take employment. Indeed, no person shall be permitted to accept employment or undertake an occupation for reward in Ghana unless such employment is within an authorized Immigrant Quota (an immigrant quota being the number of non-Ghanaians that a person or firm can employ). An application for Immigrant Quota must be made to:
IMMIGRANT QUOTA COMMITTEE,
MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR,
P.O.BOX M. 42,
An approval for Immigrant Quota for a foreign employee must be obtained before he proceeds to Ghana.
Investors to Ghana must register with the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC). Application for the extension of visa or automatic quota must be accompanied by a supporting letter from the GIPC confirming the status of the Investor.
Investors in the Mining Sector in Ghana must register with the Minerals Commission as approved Mining Services Company. Application for the extension of visa or Immigrant Quota must be accompanied by a supporting letter from the Minerals Commission confirming their status.
It is an offence for foreign doctors, dentists, lawyers, pharmacists and other professionals to practice their profession in Ghana unless they have registered their profession in accordance with the ordinances of their respective professions.
All professionals wishing to enter Ghana to practice one of the above mentioned professions are required to provide particulars of their qualifications to help determine their eligibility for registration.
The following fees are charged for Ghana entry visas. These may be revised from time to time without prior notice.
Single Entry (3 MTHS) visa INR 8,500/
Multiple (6 MTHS)visa INR 1,7000/
Multiple (12 MTHS)visa INR 25,500/
Transit (Single) visa INR 4,250/-
Transit (Multiple)visa INR 6,500/-
Document Attestation INR 8,500/-
Authentication INR 8,500
Travel Certificate INR 4,250/-
Certificate of Identity INR 4,250/-
Notice for Visa Fees
Guidelines for Visa Applicants
1. One duly completed form (one set)
2. One recent passport-size photograph
3. Confirmed air ticket (return/onward journey)
4. Yellow fever vaccination
5. Covering letter/ Introduction Letter
9. Visa fee (as applicable) is payable in form of a Banker's Draft in the name of "Ghana High Commission, New Delhi"
10. One photocopy of Draft
10.COPY OF ID PROVE OF REFERENCE IN GHANA
11. Original invitation letter[please not a scanned copy,fax or email]
12. The invitee should fax or email a copy of the same invitation letter to the Ghana High Commission.
1. Proof of transit; valid visa(s) for subsequent destination(s)
TOURIST/SHORT VISIT VISA
1. Hotel reservation (if applicant will not be hosted by person sending invitation).
2. Covering letter/letter of introduction from employer(s) of person inviting the applicant
3. An undertaking that the host will ensure that the visitor complies fully with immigration laws of Ghana
4. Birth certificate of child traveling with parent(s)
5. Marriage certificate if accompanying/joining spouse who is permitted to reside/take up employment in Ghana
6. Letter of introduction from school (for students)
1. Covering letter/letter of introduction from employers of the applicant.
2. An undertaking that the host will ensure that the visitor complies fully with immigration laws of Ghana.
3. Photocopies of relevant pages of passport of alien inviting businessman, showing legal immigrant status/residence permit.
4. Correspondence with company/companies in Ghana or any other document in support of application.
1. Applicant’s curriculum vitae
2. Copy of letter of appointment
3. Copy of signed contract/agreement
4. Copy of a letter from Ghana Investment Promotion Center approving immigrant quota.
5. Letter from Ghana Immigration Service, sanctioning grant of visa to the applicant.
6. Multiple entry visa may be issued to an applicant who is required to supervise an on-going project.
1. Evidence of admission to school in Ghana
2. Evidence of payment of fees
3. Transfer certificate from last school attended
4. Proof that applicant will be supported while in Ghana without taking up employment.
5. Letter of introduction from school (for students)
1. Visa forms can be completed and downloaded from the High Commission’s Web site.
2. The forms should either be typed or neatly completed in capital letters (any correction/overwriting invalidates the forms).
3. Application forms should be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
4. All relevant documents required should be attached to the forms at the time of electronic submission of an application. Any erroneous/misleading information provided will result in delay in processing or rejection of an application.
1. Submission/Enquiries: 09:00 hrs – 11:00 hrs (New Delhi) | 10:00 hrs - 12:00 hrs (Mumbai)
2. Collection: 15:00hrs - 16:00hrs
The Mission is not obliged to state the reason(s) for the rejection of a visa application.
Each application will be judged on its own merits.
Visa fee will not be refunded for rejected applications.
THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO MAKE RUPEE DRAFTS FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRY HAVE TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT TO DEPOSIT RUPEE DRAFTS THROUGH THEIR TRAVEL AGENT OR COURIER COMPANIES FOR THE VISA FEES AS WE CANNOT ACCEPT DOLLAR OR ANY OTHER CURRENCY DRAFTS.
Click here to Download Visa Form